Lake Arrowhead, CA is an artificial lake located in the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains on Little Bear Creek. Little Bear Creek is a tributary of Deep Creek and the Mojave River. The naturally barren, natural rock formation, shaped like a giant arrowhead is not manicured in any way. It is a natural formation untouched by man. The Arrowhead Lake Company in 1920 purchase Little Bear Lake and the surrounding land and named it Lake Arrowhead because of its natural arrowhead formation.
2010 consensus show a population of 12,424 people living on Lake Arrowhead, California. Residents enjoy plentiful fishing and Lake Arrowhead is home to Large and Small Mouth Bass, German Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout, Crappie, Catfish, Bluegill and Rainbow Trout are planted in the lake each year.
Nestle is the owner of Arrowhead Mountain Sprig Water, which has been bottling water from a spring in Millard Canyon, California for decades. Currently, their 383,000 square foot building located on the Morongo Band of Mission Indians packages purified water under the name of Nestle Pure Life Brand.
Some Fun Facts About Lake Arrowhead
- Lake Arrowhead was once known as Little Bear Lake
- Lake Arrowhead covers approximately 784 acres
- The lake has over 14 miles of shoreline
- Lake Arrowhead is a private, man-made lake
- Lake Arrowhead is owned by Arrowhead Lake Association (ALA)
- Properties located within the boundary of "Arrowhead Woods" (except Lakewood A & B) have rights to use the lake for recreational purposes like fishing, swimming ad boating
- Currently, Lake Arrowhead provides drinking water to the local communities served by LACSA (Lake Arrowhead Community Water Service)
- The Mormon settlement of San Bernardino brought the first roads in the late 1800's
- A couple of early explores to the San Bernadino Mountains were Kit Carson and Jedediah Smith
- The Arrowhead Woods Architectural Committee (AWAC) was formed in 1923 in order to preserve the character of "Arrowhead Woods"
- Some movies made in Lake Arrowhead were "Heidi", "Magnificent Obsession", "The American President," "Space Jam," and "The Parent Trap
Visit My Website for all things Lake Arrowhead + More
Search Lake Arrowhead + Surrounding Area Homes For Sale