Holding an open house in Lake Arrowhead of your home is a great way to showcase your home to potential buyers. When preparing for an open house it is crucial to protect yourself, your home and your property.
Below is a small list of things you should and shouldn't do during your open house.
- Keep personal documents tucked away and out of site. Papers and bills that could have or potentially have your full name, social security numbers, your checkbook, etc are literally an identity thief's dream come true. Keep these important papers locked away in a safe, a special folder slid under your mattress or even in a storage unit. Chances are these are things you will need to take with you to your new home, so, it is best to keep them all together anyway.
- Space Heaters, Portable Fans, dehumidifiers and things the like should be put away. While these are all great things to have and use in our daily life, unfortunately they are not appealing to potential home buyers. It could also send a message that your heating or air conditioning does not run properly.
- Ashtrays full or empty is a huge turn off and should be cleaned and put away. Potential owners do not want to go through the expense of removing nicotine infested homes.
- Don't leave tables empty. Add a bowl of fruit or a nice dish. Make it feel " homey ".
- Remove Political Signs and Slogans. Everyone's views are different and this is a potential turn off for potential customers especially those who do not agree with your political views or affiliation.
- Remove things and hazards from walk ways and clear shrubs so that potential buyers, onlookers and Agents have a clear path to and from their cars.
- Chances are young children may accompany their parents to an open house. Safety locks and keeping all cleaning materials and anything breakable or hazardous out of reach is crucial.
- If you own a pool it is probably best to keep leading doors closed or keeping the pool fence up for any young children that may also be joining their parents.
While this is not a complete list of the do's and don't of an open house it is a good guide to get you started. Always speak with your Agent to determine what he or she thinks would be best for your open house.
Visit My Website for all things Lake Arrowhead + More
Search Lake Arrowhead + Surrounding Area Homes For Sale