Top FIVE Reasons Why You Want to Live or Visit Lake Arrowhead
Some call Lake Arrowhead Southern California's "Alps"... The Jewell of the San Bernardino Mountains.. A Mile High Gem, where the air is clean and clear. Where the spectacular year round scenery and wildlife, and sense of peacefulness will bring you back time and time again...if you don't already live here. There are many reasons why folks want to live and visit the San Bernardino Mountain town of Lake Arrowhead, and here are my TOP FIVE:
1. SMALL TOWN atmosphere: Our population is approx. 11,000. It's true that on super weekend holidays our population can swell to 25,000. And since our main source of income in this community is tourism, we welcome the 25,000. And more.
2. SCHOOLS: Rim of the World Schools has scored above others in the County and above State averages in STAR test results. 86% of Rim teachers have Masters Degrees. The school district includes areas from Crestline to Green Valley Lake. School website.
3. SO MUCH TO DO: People ask me all the time, what is there to do in Lake Arrowhead? Plenty is what I tell them: Shopping, dining, recreational activities galore like skiing (water and snow), fishing, hiking & camping to name a few. One of our more famous hiking trails is the Pacific Crest Trail, located about seven miles away from Lake Arrowhead and running from the Mexico border to Canada. (check the link above for more info about hiking in our national forest).
Lake Arrowhead Village is the main commercial hot spot for visitors and locals. There are many unique boutiques, outlet stores, restaurants, and even a Stater Bros supermarket (this is where I shop for groceries). During summer months, we also have free concerts at the Center Stage every weekend through September, among other "happenings." There is always something exciting going on.
While at the Village, don't forget to take a ride on the Arrowhead Queen. This hour long tour is narrated by the captain who shares tales of legendary Hollywood stars, points out celebrity homes and and tells stories and fun facts about the area. Did you know that there have been 120 movies filmed in Lake Arrowhead, including Heidi, The American President, Space Jam, and the 1998 remake of The Parent Trap?
Lake Arrowhead is home to the Ice Castle International Training Center , an Olympic training facility for figure skaters like Michelle Kwan. And it is open to the pubic for skating (check days and times).
A couple of popular annual events here in Lake Arrowhead are the Antique and Classic Wooden Boat Showand the Lake Arrowhead Home Tour. Call or email me for the dates.
(Check my blog weekly to find out what's happening in Lake Arrowhead).
4. FOUR SEASONS: First of all, we have approx 310 days of SUNSHINE!!!
Spring in Lake Arrowhead has mild temperatures and is alive with brilliant colors as the area wakens with blooming dogwood trees, flowers, wildlife babies emerge from their winter dens, and the sounds of chirping birds all around.
Summer in Lake Arrowhead is prefect. Clear skies, warm days and cool evenings are great for that romantic get away from the big city life below. Swim, water ski, boating are favorites all summer, along with spending days at one of Lake Arrowhead's beach clubs.
Fall in Lake Arrowhead brings an amazing array of colors: red, gold, and orange colors provide just the right backdrop for hiking and camping.Check the Arrowhead Ranger Station to learn about all our mountain campgrounds.
Winters in Lake Arrowhead is gentle but will bring snow that transforms this area into a true winter-wonderland. Come up to relax, share holidays with friends and family or to ski and snowboard at Snow Valley or other nearby resorts.
5. CLOSE to everything: A trip down the mountain is only about 20 minutes away, and a drive to Palm Springs or the beach cites just another 60 to 90. Now where can you live and be that near to the mountains, desert and beaches? Not many.
So what are you waiting for? Come up for air... come up to stay!
Also check out this link for more "things to do" in Lake Arrowhead. Most important; HAVE FUN!